About Smart College Visit (SCV)
SmartCollegeVisit.com launched in November, 2009. The company incorporated in January of 2010.
We make it easy for college-bound teens and their families to search for colleges and plan campus visits. On our web site, you’ll find college profile pages and travel logistics to more than 3000 US colleges, an extensive college advice and college-prep blog, interviews with college admission and college financial planning experts, and a wealth of personal stories from other parents, students, interns and even our own team.
We are located in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg, Va.
Smart College Visit, Inc.
2000 Kraft Drive, Suite 2175
Blacksburg VA 24060
In the News
- Listed #1 in the: Top 25 Blogs That Will Prep You For College by Personal Income
- Blacksburg Entrepreneurs Look to the Future – The New River Dispatch, 12/20/15
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem – NRV News, 12/17/15
- 6 Startups to Watch Out of Virginia Tech’s Incubator – DC INNO, 07/14/15
- TechNite nominees represent social media, digital currency – The Roanoke Times, 04/10/15
- Z. Kelly Queijo – Founder | President | Business Development Lead
- Alex Edelman – Web Developer | Physicist
- Kiley Thompson – VP of Marketing | Digital Strategist | Engagement Expert | Social Media Guru
- Amy Widner – VP of Operations| Admissions Marketing Expert | Humorist | Planner
- Suzanne Shaffer – Writer | Twitter Contributor | #CampusChat Leader
Our Clients Past & Present
- Colleges & Universities
- Bridgewater College
- Concord University
- University of New Haven
- St. Lawrence University
- Virginia Tech
Products and Services
Designed with the college-bound audience in mind, SmartCollegeVisit.com is part blog, part college search and travel planning resource. We speak to the parents and students, and work for the colleges and universities they attend.
For Parents and Students, we provide a road map for the college search process.
- The SCV Article Archive is packed with expert information to guide teens and parents throughout the college journey.
- The Explore Colleges portal helps users plan their journey to visit colleges. Users can search for colleges, view college profile pages and access travel logistics and hotels near campus for every college in the US. We make it easy for students to plan and track their college visits, as well as book their travel to visit campuses.
For Colleges and Universities, we craft the messages that garner results.
- Email Marketing/Recruitment Services – With more than 20 years of experience in direct mail/email marketing and an award-winning writing team, we pinpoint the audiences who want to hear your initiatives. Email marketing is a smartsolution.
- Content Marketing Services – Being a SAVVY client of Smart College Visit is like having a fully staffed social-media department on call 24/7/365. We work to identify and promote the unique characteristics to deliver targeted messages to the college-bound audience.
- Mobile Campus Guides – We develop mobile solutions for college recruitment including custom, navigational and informational campus guides for colleges and universities, mobile web featured content microsites, and mobile campus visit registration and inquiry forms.
- Smart Visit Widget – Our goal is to make it easy for users to book travel to colleges, but why keep all these good tools to ourselves? Our campus-specific travel-planning tool can travel-enable any page on a college web site.
- #Campus Chat – One of the longest-running higher education Twitter chats, #CampusChat is held on Wednesdays at 1PM, ET, for educators, parents and students.