On November 9th, 2012, I’ll be heading to Dallas, Texas to attend the Family Travel Conference sponsored by four great family-friendly-travel-loving companies: TravelingMom, Family Travel Forum, Taking the Kids, and Travel Media Showcase.
I’m excited about the program which is “focused” on shooting video, post-production, and social media marketing. I’m also looking forward to meeting the workshop presenters and since we here at Smart College Visit tend to focus on the importance of a college education, I thought it would be fun to research and share where this great lineup of FTC presenters went to college.
- Genevieve Shaw Brown, Travel & Lifestyle Editor, ABC News – Emerson College, MA, Journalism
St.Lawrence University, BA, English
- Wendy Peffin, Director of Consumer News and Digital Community at Conde Nast Traveler – Harvard University, B.A., History & Literature
- Rob Burgos, full circle post nyc – New York Institute of Technology, BFA, MA, Communication Arts
- Paul Eisenberg, staff writer Micato Safaris, ShermansTravel.com – Brandeis University BA, Psychology/European Cultural Studies
- Valarie D’Elia, Travel Reporter at NY1 News – University of Miami, BA, Broadcasting, Columbia University, MS, Journalism
- Melanie Nelson, Author, “Facebook All-In-One for Dummies” – Oklahoma State University, BA, MA, Technical Writing
- Kaleel Sakakeeny, CEO at New Media Travel – Emerson College, BA, MA, Technical Writing
- Kim Orlando, founder, Travelingmom, LLC – University of Arizona, Eller College of Management, Finance/Entrepreneurship
For more information about the Family Travel Conference, visit the #FTCDallas web site.
To find a hotel near campus or get directions to campus for any of the colleges listed in this post, just click on the name of the school above. Colleges interested in updating their profile on Smart College Visit should contact us. For an example of an enhanced profile page, click here.