Why should I read the book when I can watch the movie?
The same answer applies to "Why should I visit campus when I can watch YouTube videos or take a virtual tour?"
The 3-6 minute movie version is not going to tell the same story as the one you experience first-hand when you tour a college campus.
Here are a few more reasons to visit campus in person:
- To discover what you like.
- To discover what you don't like.
- To meet your admissions counselor.
- To talk with students attending the college.
- To meet and talk with faculty.
- To check out the space: dorm rooms, classrooms, labs, athletic, music and theatre facilities.
- To get questions answered or to connect with someone who can answer your questions.
- And, of course, to see the campus through your own eyes not through the eyes of the person who made the movie.
Make a movie about your campus visit experience if you want (this could be a great way to capture how you felt and what you liked while visiting), but don't let your research into which college to attend be limited to a movie someone else made. See for yourself. Visit campus.