The information exchanged during #CampusChat on Twitter last night was of value—cash-in-your-pocket kind of value to college students, especially if rent an apartment and you're among the 86% with students loans to repay.
Take-away Tweets from @WilliamPaid and @esilverman (CEO/co-founder)
- 24 months of consecutive on-time rent payments could raise your credit
score by 120pts Students should know this
- WilliamPaid can alleviate rent collection amongst roommates, track who's paid, track
your credit score monthly
- Young Americans are the second highest rate of bankruptcy and student
loans are NOT discharged!
- Landlords don't have ability to report payments, they can only report
derogatory info such as lease defaults.
- WilliamPaid has partnered with the largest alternative credit reporter in US – sole
licensee of FICO Expansion Score
- We can report payments because we are FCRA certified data furnisher and we are
managing payment process.
- College students should start building credit now – @williampaid can assist without them going into debt.
Transcript for #CampusChat (June 16, 2010) : http://bit.ly/bmyuwF
Bottom line: WilliamPaid is a bill-payment service for renters with important benefits for college students. Two key benefits include reporting of rent payments to build one's credit score and cash-back rewards from online shopping and referrals that can be applied to a college student's loan along with an extra 10% from WilliamPaid when applied to pay down the loan. Cash-back dollars can also be rewarded directly to the user.
Landlords benefit from being able to offer renters the ease of online bill payment and convenient payment management for rent-splits among roommates. (No more headaches.)