Key words to look for on a college web site include:
- Visit, visitation, visit days
- College tours, campus tours
- Directions, Maps
- Open House, Fall Open House, Spring Open House, Fall Visit Days, Spring Visit Days, Summer Visit
- High School Juniors
- High School Seniors
Some college sites will have all of this information in a single section or page, while others will have links to these topics posted on different pages or sections. If you can’t find what you need, try the search function to save time.
To keep up with answers to your questions and impressions of the schools you visit, download the Smart College Evaluation Form. Print as many copies as you need and take them with you as you travel from college to college.
Twitter is a great way to stay up-to-date with what’s current on college campuses and we’ve made @CollegeVisit Twitter Lists available to help you do just that. Check out these lists of various college and university categories. If you follow the list from Twitter, you’ll have easy access to the news you need.
- Top Engineering Schools – The top 11 undergraduate engineering programs reported by U.S. News & World Report.
- Women’s Colleges – Women-only colleges in the U.S.
- Colleges and Universities – A growing list of college admissions and news offices using Twitter.
- The Seven Sisters – The top-ranked, prestigious all-female colleges originally known as members of the “Seven Sisters.